In this blog post, We will go through the best-proven ways to drive traffic to Your online course website to maximize sales of your online academy.
You can watch the entire video here or read the steps below.
Here are the best tips that will help you drive tons of traffic to your website
1. How To Optimize Your Course Website With Keywords
Tip 1: Add Keywords To Your Website Title, Body & Images
To drive student traffic to your website you need to pick a broad keyword that represents what you teach.
The first place you want to add this keyword is in your page title & description. Let us do that.
Go to your dashboard settings, click on branding and enter the keywords within the page title.
Next, go to your Learnyst website builder and click on the website H1 title. Click edit.
Convey the clear student benefit using the keywords within 10 words or 60 chars.
So, if your keyword is “stock market course” your title should be: (The Complete Stock Market Course For Working People)
Same way, convey a meaningful sub-headline within 120 chars like this: (“Acquire the trading technique you need to retire before 45 from our in-depth stock market course”.)
Next, add the short related keywords in the website’s H2 and H3 title tags.
If the main keyword in your H1 title is stock market courses, use other related words like stock market tips, earn with stock markets in your H2 and H3 tags to communicate your story.
Use keywords in your website body text as well.
Related: How To Drive Organic Traffic To Your Online Academy?
Tip 2: Write Attractive Website Titles Using Keywords
Other than keywords, Google ranks your website based on clicks and audience interaction.
To write clickable titles use power words like Ultimate, Complete, Best in your titles while conveying the student benefits. Here is a tip to create a catchy headline.
Go to thehoth.com website. Here enter the details like keyword, desired outcomes, etc, and click generate headline ideas. You will get a lot of catchy clickable titles.
Use these titles as an example to create your own catchy website title. To get more power words, use this 250+ power words guide pdf.
2. How To Optimize Your Blog and Content With Keywords
The other part of your website is your blog and here’s how you can drive traffic to your blog.
From your keyword list pick specific keywords above 4 words that have>100 search volumes.
As a pro tip to rank your website faster, use broad keywords for your website pages & specific keywords for your blogs.
To get started with blogs, I suggest you use WordPress as it has a lot of plugin support. Install the Yoast plugin to help you rank for keywords.
Now, enter the keyword within the focus keyphrase of Yoast.
Related: 8 reasons why blogging is necessary for your online courses
Writing Tips For Your WordPress Blogs:
- Now, write a 120 char article summary by including the keyword within the meta description.
- Next, come up with a good blog title. Use thehoth.com website to make a catchy blog title within 60 characters.
- Next, start writing your blog post with at least 800 words. Here is how:
- Include your keyword at least once within the first paragraph of your blog post. Likewise, include the keyword once in the summary of the blog post.
- For a 1000 word article, your keyword should appear 4 times including the intro and summary.
- Use at least 2-3 sub-headings in your blogs to make them more readable.
- To give more depth to your article, try to include related keywords in your subheadings.
Watch the video on keyword analysis to know which keywords you need to be targeting.
3. On Page SEO Tips For Blogs & Newsfeeds
- After completing the write-up, scroll down to the Yoast SEO section. Here, you need to ensure that both your SEO and Readability tab should be in green color.
- If not, just follow the instructions within the SEO analysis and readability to make it green. This will ensure that your blog post ranks fast in google for this specific keyword.
- Apart from blogs, you can also publish news feeds using Learnyst. To create Newsfeed go to newsfeeds and click create.
- Enter the keywords within the title, SEO title & description. Once you have given the proper tags & author info, click on Save.
- Note that published news feeds can be accessed by anyone visiting your website and hence can bring a lot of good traffic if done correctly.
So, with this, you have learned how to add keywords to your blog posts, newsfeeds, and websites.
Related: How To Write A Blog Post That Sells Your Courses – Use These 5 Easy Tweaks
These tips will help you in drive Traffic To Your Online Course Website
If you want more guidance on how to use these topics on your course website, check this course marketing youtube playlist for step-by-step guidance.
Lastly, if you plan to start teaching from your own branded website & apps, signup to learnyst today