A good educational website builder is an asset to any e-tutor as it helps them develop world-class websites for their courses.
A website is something that scales up your business portfolio. Particularly, in the e-learning field, a website has the potential to take your courses to a large audience.
Adam Audette, the popular internet marketer rightly says –
“Today it’s not about ‘get the traffic’ — it’s about ‘get the targeted and relevant traffic.”
At the end of the day, all you need is the ‘targeted traffic’ to your course and the website helps to achieve that. A good website will also improve your viewer-to-student conversion ratio and boost the sales
In this post, we are going to look at everything you need to create a website of your own for your online course.
What are educational websites?
An educational website is simply a website that serves as a teaser to your course. Apart from the course details, one can also find a lot of educational content relevant to your subject that can enrich student’s knowledge (apart from what they learn in the course). In short, these websites not only serve as your marketing tool but also acts as a knowledge hub.
Here are three important reasons why you should have an educational website of your own –
- With the help of an educational website, you can establish your online course brand and interact with your students through live sessions, share course material, and also market your course.
- Having a website gives you an analytical picture of your viewers, students, and other activities on your website. This data can be used for any promotions or further improvement of your online course.
- You can also give frequent updates and circulars regarding the course to your students and follow them.
Key components of an educational website
Creating an educational website is rocket science anymore. Remember – an educational website is an excellent tool to monetize your course and to establish a connection with your learners.
- Home page: The homepage is the face of your course since it is the page your viewers land first. This page should be catchy but should not be overloaded with information. Giving too much information on the first page can often become overwhelming for the viewers and they might leave your website too soon. Designing the homepage should also be done carefully keeping in mind the necessity of the course and your brand tones.
- About Us page: This section of your website provides a brief history of yourself and your academy. This lets your learners know more about yourself and the authenticity of your course.
- Courses listing page and details page: If you have a variety of courses in your academy, then this section is important. It is like the listing page on Amazon. Have a neat grid of all the courses. Clicking on any of them should take the visitor to the particular course details page.
- Registration, Login and My Account Page: These pages let your visitors register themselves to your website so that they can access the courses they have subscribed for, manage payments, orders etc.
Key tips to follow while building your website
Set a goal
You might want to create an educational website for multiple reasons. It could be for improving your sales, or for sharing knowledge or even out of passion. Define a specific goal and create the website to achieve that goal. But remember – your goal should be in line with the course objective which you have already defined for your course.
Perform Market Analysis
Since the e-learning sector is highly competitive, it is crucial to have thorough knowledge about the market conditions before your start building the website. Learners are continuously on the lookout for websites that offer quality content that can enrich their knowledge. Analyze the industry by regularly visiting your competitors’ websites and study how they offer their content. You can also learn from their success stories and replicate the model of a popular brand with a world-class website.
Make your website user-friendly
Having an attractive website is important, but more important is having a website that is user-friendly. The viewers should find every component of your website with ease and their navigation should be seamless. This will ensure a much higher conversion ratio than having an attractive website.
Keep updating Information
The internet is evolving rapidly so should your website. Keep your website up to date with the latest information about your course, the subject you are teaching etc. No one would like to buy a course that sits on a pile of outdated information.
Best website builders for teachers in India
Here is a list of top website builder applications in India for your online courses –
Learnyst Website Builder
Learnyst is an online LMS that has helped many course tutors in the past to create and market their online courses. One of the interesting features of Learnyst is its intuitive website builder. Building a website in Learnyst is as easy as it can get thanks to the hundreds of beginner-friendly features it has. With Learnyst, you can build responsive websites without coding knowledge to ensure that your learners can access your website both on desktop as well as mobile.
There are 15+ dedicated educational website templates that you can choose and build on top of it. The best part is, all the pages on Learnyst are search engine optimized. All you have to do is target the right keywords on your pages and Learnyst will do the rest. By using Learnyst educational website builder, your own website with a custom website address will be ready in less than 5 minutes.
To know more about Learnyst educational website builder and its features, click here.
Wix is one of the most popular website builder applications found on the Internet. Though it is not very specific for education websites, you can still create education websites with relative ease. It has plenty of ready-to-use templates that can be used even by beginners to modify according to their taste.
GoDaddy website builder helps you with everything you need to create a website. It includes SSL certification, domain creation, hosting, post-creation support over the cloud, and many more.
WordPress has been in the business for a long time and have become an established website builder over the years. Again like Wix and GoDaddy, they are not specifically known for building educational websites, but you can rather build any website falling under any category.
Traditionally known for its hosting services, Bigrock also offers its in-house website builder. Bigrock is an ICANN-accredited website builder tool that offers a plethora of features needed for a quality website creation. By subscribing to Bigrock you get access to domain registrations, hosting through the cloud, e-mail services, and themes for building an attractive website.
Though relatively a lesser-known educational website builder, Squarespace is equally capable to help you build world-class websites. Its award-winning website templates help you create websites that are equally attractive as well as user-friendly. Squarespace also offers website creation with SEO compatibility that can improve your search rankings.
So what are you waiting for? Start creating your educational website now by signing up for a 14-day free trial with Learnyst.