Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) organizes IBPS clerks examination for the selection and recruitment of individuals in different Indian banks for the clerical posts. The number of students that take the test every year is more than a whooping 8lac. A total of 19 Indian banks select for the clerical post requirement from this exam. While the number of applicant is more than 8 lac, the vacancy as per the 2017 report is around 17000. So you can easily understand the amount of competition that goes in to crack this exam.
Name of The Banks Participating in IBPS Clerks
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- State Bank of India
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
IBPS Clerks Exam Format
IBPS clerks exam is split into two parts like most of the Indian competitive exams, namely Prelims and Mains.
The format for the prelims is as follows,
|Sr No.||Test Name||Qns.||Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability Paper||35||35||01 hour|
|2||Numerical Ability Paper||35||35|
|3||English Language Paper||30||30|
And the format for the mains is as given below,
|Sr No.||(Objective) Test Name||Marks||(Separately timed)|
|1||IBPS Reasoning Test||50||30 Min.|
|2||IBPS English Language Test||40||30 Min.|
|3||IBPS Quantitative Aptitude Test||50||30 Min.|
|4||IBPS General Awareness Test||40||25 Min.|
|5||IBPS Computer Knowledge Test||20||20 Min.|
IBPS Clerks Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for IBPS Clerks are as outlined below,
- A Citizen of India or
- A Subject of Nepal or
- A Subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Age Limit
- Minimum Age: 20 Years
- Maximum Age: 28 Years
- Educational Qualification
- A Graduation degree in any discipline from any reputed and well recognized Indian University. To ensure their applicability, candidates must possess valid Mark-Sheet or Degree Certificates clearly stating about the Academic Marks and Percentage along with the Pass-out date.
- Computer Knowledge
- Aspirants must have enough knowledge of Computer Systems. They must have a valid certificate/degree/diploma in Computer Operations or Information Technology.
- Language Proficiency
- Candidates applying for IBPS clerks should know how to read, write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT for which they are willing to apply.
Creating IBPS Clerks Exam Mock Test Using Learnyst
If you are scratching your head over how to create a stunning mock test for IBPS Clerks aspirants, look no further. You can create the mock tests, easily with Learnyst. Conducting a mock test will help the students to overcome fear. Learnyst has carefully studied the exam pattern of IBPS clerks and created a sample template for the same. You can use this template and easily create a stunning mock test. You can take a look at the template below.
Share your thoughts in the comments down below.