Online quiz maker for teachers is comparable to Excel for a statistician. Both cannot live without it.
It is customary in every educational establishment for teachers to test what their students have learned before they face the big exams.
We’ve all been surprised with “surprise tests” and model exams. The purpose of these exams is to test the students’ knowledge and also inadvertently test the teacher’s abilities.
But long gone are the days when exams were solely conducted in pen and paper. It has its drawbacks and online tests eliminated them.
Let’s look at why every online educator should make use of an online quiz maker for teachers; especially if you’re helping students clear their entrance exams.
Why you should use online quizzes?
The following are the advantages that online quizzes bring to the table for online educators and students. It makes them an indispensable part of their toolkit.
- Students don’t have to wait till the next class to know if their answers are correct as the results are available immediately after the test is over. This saves precious time for them to improve wherever they’ve fallen short.
- Using online quizzes to deliver formative assessments can help students identify the areas where they will have to improve themselves. Students can then devise a strategy to tackle the challenging areas.
- Quizzes that include images and graphics can help students memorize the right answers. With such quizzes, students can associate answers or other useful pieces of information with an image or video used in the answer.
- Students can retake the online mock tests are much as they want to till they have the confidence to face the actual exam.
- It is a fun way to improve teaching through experimentation and making the learning experience fun for students. It allows teachers to experiment with different teaching styles; making use of fill in the blanks, match the following, and one work answer questions.
- Grading is for a large part automated if teachers use online quizzes. It also allows you to create dynamic feedback depending on the answer given for each question.
- You can conduct online quizzes no matter where you or your students are. You don’t even have to be present as the monitoring will be taken care of by the tool you use.
- It also simplifies the task of keeping a tab on each student’s progress. Since each student’s data is stored on the cloud, it is easy to go back and check previous scores no matter where you are and what device you are using.
Most popular online quiz Makers
The following are some of the best quiz makers for teachers.
We are one of the most trusted and technologically advanced LMS providers in the market. We constantly integrate the latest tech into our offerings to ensure our clients stay on top of their game and reach peak profitability.
Just ask any of our clients who’ve been using it to conduct mock tests for CAT, GATE, IIT JEE, GMAT, SAT, and Banking exams. You don’t need a third-party Online quiz maker for teachers to build quizzes.
A robust content creation tool and a test engine are standard for our offering and one of them is the flexible online quiz creation tool using which educators have launched over 10,000 mock tests for entrance exams and others.
You can create custom quizzes by simply dragging and dropping the elements (including media). Once that is done, you can easily schedule tests and analyze results using detailed student analytics.
This is an intuitive yet powerful tool to create any kind of online quizzes including drag-and-drop exercises, interactive quizzes, quick essays, etc. You can choose from 14 templates and simply fill them with your text and media. There is a 14-day free trial and subscriptions start at $370/year. Educators, students, non-profit organizations, and government institutions.
This tool allows you to create complex non-standard assessments and is perfect for technically advanced courses. It has a lot of features that will help you fine-tune quizzes for all devices. There are templates that you can use from the get-go and you can also create pre-made questions from scratch.
Although there is a free trial version available, you won’t be able to access all of its features. The tool is part of Articulate 360 and subscriptions start at $999 for one user.
Here we have a tool that was made specifically for creating assessments for learning management systems (LMS). It can easily integrate with most LMS platforms and the developer also provides a special browser to prevent cheating during tests. You can avail a 30-day free trial after which plans start at $79.
For online educators who want to create SCORM-compliant quizzes and track student’s results, this is the perfect tool. The rich and customizable quizzes you create using this can be used on the web and your LMS. As the name suggests, it also supports HTML 5 mobile-friendly features. You can make use of all its features at $495.
Steps to create an online quiz in Learnyst
Step 1: Signup
The obvious first step is to create an account with Learnyst. Enjoy the 14 day trial period to create sample tests for free and find out for yourself how seamless the tool is.
Step 2: Decide the name and the price of the quiz
The next step is to define the name and price of the quiz. The price is applicable especially if you are making it into a standalone quiz rather than a part of a course. You can select any price starting from $1. You also have an option to make it free. In Learnyst, you have the choice to make the quiz offline too.
Step 3: Choose the template
You can choose from a variety of templates based on the popular exams in India. Each template will mimic the actual exam in terms of question type, number of sections, and marking scheme. Some of the popular templates are –
Alternatively, you can keep it as ‘General’ or ‘Practice quiz’ to make it more generic.
Further Reading: Create mock test easily with our test template
Step 4: Start Adding Question Types
You can choose from a wide variety of question types such as multiple-choice, numerical, essay, fill in the blanks and add it to your test. There is also an option to create multiple sections. The best part – this entire activity is simplified for you through a simple drag and drop option. You can alternatively pull questions from an existing pool of questions that you have created or import questions from Word or Excel.
Step 5: Work out questions and answer options
Now define the question and answers to each question you have created. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Make all response options clear and short. Avoid multi-paragraph answers in the case of essays.
- Add distractors i.e., a wrong answer meant to confuse the quiz taker
- Don’t use too many “none of the above” and “all of the above” options in MCQs.
Step 5: Launch
Once everything is set, the final step is to make it available to your students and start evaluating or teaching them using it.
Now that you have seen everything related to online quiz maker for teachers it is time to start your quiz-making journey with Learnyst today. Sign up for a 14-day free trial or to know more, get in touch with us today.