An important question in the minds of most teachers today is how to start your own online coaching institutes in 2021. It’s a good question because the pandemic has unleashed a revolution in the world of education, and the change is here to stay. 1.2 Billion students worldwide are out of the classrooms, confined to online classes. Many students (especially college students) are waking up to the fact that a formal education degree is just not going to cut it in today’s ultra-competitive job market and business world. Upskilling, in terms of technical expertise or learning a new language or creative capabilities, is important.
For skilled people, this is an opportunity to monetize their knowledge by starting their own online teaching institute. If you are asking yourself how to start your own online coaching institutes in 2021, this article is for you.
Time has never been more perfect
More people are taking a liking to learn online than at any time in history. This Google Trends result shows that as soon as lockdown measures were implemented, keywords like “online course” experienced a sudden growth in search volume.
There are also three new categories of learners who need access to online classes:
- Those looking to grow and adapt to different ways of working
- The ones trying to make the most out of the pandemic by learning new skills and knowledge
- Those trying to learn in “COVID-19 safe” environments
The reality is that there are not enough credible online institutes to meet this huge demand. Let us look at how to start your own online coaching institutes in 2021.
Branding and Website
Before starting to create a website, you need to lay the foundation of a strong brand identity for your institute. This includes the logo, the colors, the fonts, etc. This will help your institute stand out amongst all the others in the market.
You can shell out a lot of money to create a website from scratch or partner with a time tested platform like Learnyst to host your institute. The biggest advantage with the latter is the cost and time savings and the ease with which you can make changes to the design as and when required using templates. There is no need for a web developer to update the website because you can do it yourself by simply dragging and dropping whatever you need. Make sure the website has all the essential elements, including:
- Subscription page
- Promotions page
- Blog page
- Testimonial page
Developing the first course
Once you finally have a website up and running, you need to get the actual course content that you will be selling. Creating the course should ideally go in parallel with creating the website. The subject should be something that you are passionate about.
Set a goal for your audience and outline the course with everything that they’d need to achieve that goal. To do this, divide the course curriculum into main topics and subtopics and group them according to the level of difficulty. Decide a learning method that will help you decide what type of content and activities you have to create.
The next step is to get hands down and start creating the course content. With the right tool, you can create a variety of content formats, including text, audio, video, and interactive content (quizzes, calculators, etc.). Content creation can be done using authoring tools or using the content creation feature of your Learning Management Platform (LMS). Finally, upload them to your website.
Further Reading: 7 simple steps to create an online course
Tools and Integration
Like every other business, you need a set of tools to help you manage different aspects of the business. For an online institute, the following are the essential areas where tools can improve productivity and automate repetitive tasks:
- Email marketing: Examples include MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, AWeber, and ConvertKit)
- Affiliate Marketing: These are usually on the expensive side, and it would be wise to test a few out to see what works best for you.
- Analytics: More on this below
- General Marketing and Sales: More on this below
- Productivity: These are tools that make your job easier by automating repetitive tasks. Examples include Hubspot CRM and Zapier.
- Application Programming Interface (API): API can be used to integrate and automate the transition of data between your website and other tools much easier.
Further Reading: Free tools to create online course
Before launching your academy, you need to set up your analytics tools to keep track of everything, including the overall performance of your academy, brand exposure, and website traffic.
To monitor web traffic, you won’t need anything more than the industry leader, Google Analytics. This is a completely free tool that can be easily set up to monitor the traffic of your website.
To improve your advertising performance on Facebook, you can set up Facebook Pixel. This will keep track of each user’s behavior on your website and help you create more engaging Ad campaigns.
Further Reading: Why use Facebook Pixel for course marketing
Sales and Marketing
The online institute business is as competitive as any other, and you need to follow a marketing plan to be successful. The following are some of the techniques that can help you sell your courses:
- Group closely related courses as bundles and sell them using a great offer.
- Offer promo coupons (with or without expiry date) and send them out via email or run a social media campaign.
- Build an opt-in list using content marketing and other means. This list can be later used to run email marketing campaigns.
Choose the right LMS
Running an online academy is much more than a landing page, a website, and marketing emails. This is where the right LMS platform comes in to give you complete control over your online institute. Other than the basics, your LMS should be able to do the following:
- Allow you to have complete control over every learner account and the way students can sign up or log in. This section should also let you choose which information you want to collect from your students and at what stage.
- Use the navigation setting to set the first page students will see once they log in. It should also allow you to restrict certain actions for visitors who have not enrolled for any of your courses.
- Allows students to communicate with you and with other students. They should be able to create chat groups with other students they find comfortable to study with.
- Seamlessly translate course content into the language preferred by each student.
Further Reading: What is the Learning Management System?
Launch! Go Live!
The final step is taking the institute live on the internet. Get yourself a credible domain with a good extension like (.) edu or (.) com because people at some level judge the credibility of a website based on that. Also, below is a pre-launch checklist that you can follow:
- Proofread all content, including the general website copy
- Create a backup of all content
- Verify that content is accessible across devices and platforms
How Learnyst can help you launch your online academy
Learnyst is a favorite among online institute owners because of the ease and speed with which they have been able to launch their businesses and also keep them running profitability. From flexible content creation features, dedicated marketing tools, and custom mobile development, Learnyst is everything you will ever need to successfully launch your online institute. To know more about how to start your online coaching institutes in 2021 and how Learnyst can help, get in touch with us now!