These days mobile apps for online teaching are still rare, and this is where you can take a big leap ahead of your competitors. Be the first in your neighborhood to offer a mobile app to your learners. They’ll be astonished by your forward-thinking approach!
If you are into online teaching and still do not have a mobile app to offer m-learning to your learners, you need to get one right now. Having a web presence alone is no longer sufficient, as online activity continues to shift to mobile. Simply put, smartphone apps have become too important a marketing tool for any small business owner to do without. Online teaching is not spared by this.
1. Be Visible to learners at All Times
Statistics show that the average American spends more than two hours a day (!) on his/her mobile device. While probably only a handful of applications make up the bulk of this total usage, it doesn’t change the fact that each user has to unlock, scroll, and scan their device for the apps they’re looking for. Being “in the way” can be an advantage to your online teaching app, as our mind unconsciously does record every image and text (or an app icon!) it comes across.
2. Create a Direct Marketing Channel
One of the biggest benefits of having a mobile app is that all the information you’d like to provide to your customers – including special sales and promotions – is right at their fingertips. Through push notifications you’re getting even closer to a direct interaction, and can easily remind customers about your products and services whenever it makes sense.
Apps serve many purposes. They can provide general information, prices, booking forms, search features, user accounts, messengers, news feeds, and much more.
3. Provide Value to Your learners
Talking about on-hand information, how about digitizing that wide variety of online transactions, including the deployment of loyalty cards, push promotions, and course enrollment transactions. Make it possible for your customers to collect their rewards via your mobile app. The result? More enrollments, more downloads and more return to you.
4. Build Brand and Recognition
A mobile app for your online teaching can greatly contribute to your brand awareness. These two are the important aspects that contribute to your success.
- Brand. A mobile app is like a blank billboard. You can do what you want with it. But, it’s a true winner when you really have an app that has features your learners will love, while at the same time is well branded and beautifully designed.
- Recognition. The more often you can get learners involved with your app, the sooner they will be inclined to enroll to your courses. Hearing and seeing your brand for approximately 20 times can make your online school noticed. Mobile apps help you in this regard significantly compared to having only a website.
5. Improve Learner Engagement
In case of such apps for online teaching where learners always are willing to reach you at any time for their clarifications, having a messaging feature within your app can really make a difference in the way you communicate with your learners. How many learners would prefer to login to website and communicate with you? Having discussion forums on mobile app is definitely a big plus.
6. Stand Out From the Competition
According to Smartinsights monthly usage of mobile apps is 89% compared to that of website usage.
Year by year mobile app usage is only growing. These days mobile apps for online learning are still rare, and this is where you can take a big leap ahead of your competitors. Be the first in your neighborhood to offer a mobile app to your learners. They’ll be astonished by your forward-thinking approach!
7. Customer Loyalty in Online Teaching
Lastly, the most important reason why you should consider having your own branded mobile app for online teaching is – customer loyalty. With all the noise out there — websites, Facebook ads, and email marketing — we slowly lose our impact on learners because of the immense amount of advertising surrounding us all. It’s time to go back to making a true and sincere connection with your learners, and making them a loyal lover of your online teaching service. Mobile app can surely be a way of staying closer to your learners, and being just a “fingertip” away at all times.
Now that you have gotten a taste of the numerous benefits of your own online teaching/ m-learning mobile app, where are you going to start?
- You hire an application development agency, or bring your own in-house app development team on board
- You use one of the fantastic mobile app builders like Learnyst to build your own branded mobile app without having to worry about coding and technicalities.